Difficulty level & skills required
Late-Beginner onwards: The workshop is suited to those playing at a late-beginner level onwards. You should be comfortable with the basic mechanics of playing the harp so you can focus on playing from chords.
Basic playing from chords knowledge is recommended: To prepare for Worship Workshops, we strongly recommend watching our “Playing from Chords: Getting Started” Workshop.
Type of harp
All harps are welcome!
No levers/pedals required. The song is in the key of C major. We may also play in the key of G, so be ready to tune up your F strings to F sharp if you don’t have levers.
- A Zoom Worship Workshop led by harp teacher, Christy-Lyn
- 2 x chord sheets (in the key of C and G)
“Be Thou My Vision” Worship Workshop
Are you a member?
* Sales tax / VAT may be charged depending on your region
Is there a tugging on your heart to play harp for the Lord? Then let’s learn to worship Him with songs of praise on the harp! Whether you play in your personal time, at church, or for loved ones, we’ll help you learn the chords of this beautiful worship song.
During the session, you’ll learn:
- How to play this worship song from chords (even if you’ve never played it before).
- A simple version of the song from chords, in the first few minutes! You can use it to accompany your own singing, or to play along with other instruments.
- Chord pattern ideas that progress from simple to more complex, so you can choose the right level and keep practicing for the rest of the workshop.
- Ways to level up in complexity, with ideas that get more fun and interesting (you can watch the workshop replay to gradually incorporate these as you progress!).
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be able to play the classic hymn “Be Thou My Vision” from chords!
The replay is available, and it’ll be yours to keep! You can learn at your own pace, pause the recording as needed, and rewatch the parts you’d like to focus on – as many times and whenever you wish.