Discussion Forum

Ask questions, share resources and connect with our Learning the Harp community around the world!

Home Forums Learning the Harp in Your Golden Years Hello silver harpists! Reply To: Hello silver harpists!

• Monique Klabis

20 June, 2021 at 11:03 am

Hi, Nancy. Welcome! I have zero musical aptitude and have been playing on and off for the last 16+ years. I have had a beautiful harp all that time, but only started in earnest the last couple of years. I turned 60 this year. I plan on sticking with it this time around. Even though my progress is slower than I would like, I am determined to stay positive. I thank Christy-Lyn for that.

Despite my lack of musical talent, I just went out and bought a hammered dulcimer. 😄 Crazy.

Spain sounds lovely. I tried to get stationed there when I was military, but never could manage it. I’m in the US and lived in the UK from 1990-94, and have been back to visit a few times, but was never able to visit Spain (unless being held in a hangar at Rota AB for several hours when we broke down on the way to Turkey counts). 😉 I have supported a charity for Galgos 🐕in Spain for several years. 💕

Anyway, I’m so glad you are here and hope you enjoy it. I’m sure you will love Christy-Lyn.