Home (2022) version 2 Forums Technique Questions 2021-03-21 What are you practicing this week? Reply To: 2021-03-21 What are you practicing this week?

• AnnJeannette Mead

22 March, 2021 at 6:02 am

Hmm a few things come to mind. This week I’m hoping to learn more about music theory, I get the basics but the whole circle of 5ths and major vs. minor vs. “diminished” triads thing for chords is a bit confusing.

I’m hoping to complete the Greensleaves video course I started, and do more focused practice on a particularly embellished/ornamented verson of Yankee Doodle my harp teacher gave me with hands together. There’s some percussion on the soundboard I need to learn, some strumming guitar style and the end, and I’ll try chuncking and metronome practice with that song because there’s lot going on with the left hand for me. I’m new to playing with hands together and there’s some opposite direction movement so I’m taking it slow.

And another goal as always, to maintain my memorization and confidence in current repertoire songs. Also had a local harp circle this weekend and looking forward to the first member meeting on the 25th!