Member3 March, 2021 at 11:06 am
1. What made you decide to start playing the harp?
As an adult I heard a harp record and instantly was inspired to learn, but..if only I could afford one! I certainly couldn’t even afford lessons and hadn’t heard of any harpists, ever, in or around where I lived. In fact there were none. So I reluctantly shelved the idea for decades.
2. What is your favorite style or genre of harp music?
Anything that suits the harp!
3. What are your harp-related goals for 2021?
To improve technique, learn more beautiful pieces and share the joy!
4. What do you enjoy most about playing the harp?
It’s therapy for the soul! I love the feeling of utter fulfillment in playing, the beautiful sounds that are produced. So many people have never heard a solo harp, let alone up close, and they are blown away!
5. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
Yes, Christy-Lyn’s videos have been a godsend to me. I don’t have a teacher as there were none where I lived. Also the internet dropped out regularly so it was no use getting a camcorder… so I am extremely grateful for the video lessons that I did manage to download.