Home (2022) version 2 Forums Types of harps Harp Reviews Lyon & Healy Drake (34 strings) Reply To: Lyon & Healy Drake (34 strings)

• Diane

29 May, 2021 at 9:19 pm

Hi, Donna!

I haven’t had any experience playing on other harps, so I can’t honestly compare the Ravenna or Drake with the Fullsicle. I do like my Fullsicle because it is very easy to transport from place to place and my “end goal” is to use it at work, playing bedside for residents from room to room, and portability is a big plus. I am saving for a bigger harp – I’d like at least 34 or 36 strings – and I’d also like a better quality harp, but for now, I’m happy with my Fullsicle. I will say, I didn’t know about the SE Fullsicle in cherry wood. My Fullsicle is just a regular one that someone was selling on Facebook, and I bought at a pretty reasonable price. I’m wondering if the harps made from cherry wood would have a better sound, or if they’d sound the same? My Fullsicle has a brighter sound than my Harpsicle, but I like the sound of both. I wish I could help more, and if you have any other questions, I’m happy to try to answer them.

Diane