Home (2022) version 2 Forums Technique Questions Lever Flipping easy pieces / lessons with lever flipping to get accustomed to it Reply To: easy pieces / lessons with lever flipping to get accustomed to it

• Lydia Gaertner

16 May, 2021 at 9:23 pm

Dear Victoria,

I just found your message today. Thank you so much for your detailed answer with tune tips!!! This is very helpful, so I know what pieces to choose next if I did Christy-Lyns lever-changing tunes. Ailie doesn’t put so much time in teaching the exact lever changing.

At the moment I’m still working through Somewhere over the Rainbow.

But just now, after years of playing one of my favourite tunes from about 12 years earlier (I had to start from the beginning last year again because I had no playing technique at all), I’m successful with the one lever change in that tune. Quite relaxed playing and changing the lever. That feels really good and never happened before.

It is completely self taught, a finnish waltz called “Valvotun yön valssi”, a tune that went through the german harp community 12 years ago, with the video “Ela spielt Harfe”. She was part of the german medieval band “Die Irrlichter” at that time.