Member10 March, 2021 at 6:39 pm
What a great thread! Here are my responses:
1. What made you decide to start playing the harp? My Aunt played professionally and was very encouraging when we would visit. I still remember how magical and special I felt when she taught me how to hold my hand and pluck a few strings. My mother had to hear me ask to learn ever since. fast forward nearly 40 years and I am finally learning!
2. What is your favorite style or genre of harp music? I had no idea about all the types before I started and of course want to learn some “pop/rock” songs but am gravitating more and more towards Celtic music.
3. What are your harp-related goals for 2021? To solidify my technique more, especially once my 34 string harp arrives, and slowly add to my repertoire.
4. What do you enjoy most about playing the harp? It is my new happy place. I find it is so therapeutic. I also love the cognitive aspect of memorizing the songs and working out fingering. I get so excited when I finally get 2 hands working together, hahaha.
5. Is there anything else you’d like to add? I could go on and on, but there is plenty of time for that!