Discussion Forum

Ask questions, share resources and connect with our Learning the Harp community around the world!

Home Forums Styles of Harp Music Celtic Harp Music Session-style recording recommendations? Reply To: Session-style recording recommendations?

• Cynthia Griffith

3 March, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Oh it was sooo fun! You really felt like you were “there!” It was called Aff the Cuff (there’s an unrelated one that has/had the same name) I believe it was. I found their old Facebook page. Can’t tell if one of the members passed away, and they moved on or….? I mean this was ages ago, so moving on happens. (Although my local friends’ session has been going on and on and on and on, until everything shut down that is. They’ve started doing online stuff, and we keep getting invited to play along with the session leaders while muted, but these guys are so good it would just leave me behind in the dust and feeling frustrated. Which is why I’ve dragged my feet forever with joining in on a session, but I know that – especially with hubby learning mandolin – I need to push myself, because once things do open up they are soooooo going to be like “come join us! come on!!!!” and oh my gosh their level of playing makes your confidence go whoosh ??and you suddenly feel like you’ve never played an instrument in your life as your brain goes blank. LOL!!!!) Okay, that got long and babbly!!