Discussion Forum

Ask questions, share resources and connect with our Learning the Harp community around the world!

Home Forums Learning the Harp in Your Golden Years Hello Silver harpist Reply To: Hello Silver harpist

• Connie LoPorto

3 March, 2021 at 6:54 am

Hi Kathleen, I wanted to play harp when I was about 10yrs old being the oldest of 10 the $$$ were not there. When I married at 21, my husband promised a harp. Then an accident and kids well LIFE happened. When my husband received no so good info about his Cancer my harp became the first on his bucket list. I had bad tremors and didn’t think I was able to help him keep his promise. I was 67yrs. a harp became available, no teachers, no music back ground the rush was on to get something to play and fast. I was introduced to the internet and surfed everything was confusing until I found Christy-Lyn Sally Gardens for free. To hard, Sailing on the Lake did it. Then I joined her. My husband is so proud of me. He is still here enjoying my journey and glad he did it. I look forward now to encourage everyone, don’t say I can’t, just make it happen. Your desire is your strength, your determination is you success. Your reason could be your drive.