• Connie Lo Porto

3 March, 2021 at 6:11 am

I have a constant head shaking, extreme left hand and light right hand tremors. They started when I was 40yrs old. Progressively gotten worse. They originate at the base of the brain and travel into my arms. I am left handed which makes my hand writing extremely jittery. I occationally jerk and release which could send a dish to the floor. Playing the harp has helped me focus, but sometimes when I am learning and pause the hand will shake and not place. I did take meds but they interfered with my concentration in other things. The Dr. wants to give me botox injections in my neck. This could help but it is only good for about 12 wks. then you need more and more with each injection. I refused and prefer to cope the best I can. I have good days and bad weeks. I am 68 yrs. now. The tremors do not stop me they make me more determined to achieve. I started to learn the harp last yr. as my husband keep a 47yr old promise to me. I didn’t think I would be able to give him a song because of my fear. But the determination was greater. I succeeded…..