• Maris Whetstone

3 March, 2021 at 2:03 am

Hello, all! I’m so happy I discovered Christy-Lyn and her wonderful tutorials. I’m 74 and have had my harp for a few years, but only dabbled now and again. I found a teacher finally but then she moved out of state, so that ended that. I had to learn to read music, and have made decent progress on that but it was taking forever. Then I discovered I had cataracts, which explained why things got so blurry between notes, lines and spaces. That problem has been taken care of recently, and I’m amazed at how clear things are now.

I joined Christy-Lyn’s courses about 2-3 months ago and I was so excited to be able to play something other than the one song I new and my several books of exercises. I’m amazed at how lovely this Website is and that we have an area to meet other harpists, as there are none in my area (Northeast Ohio) that I know of. I have joined a few online harp sites to keep me inspired. I have found the harp community to be very friendly. So far I only play for my cat, but hope one day to work up enough nerve to post a video on YouTube.