Discussion Forum

Ask questions, share resources and connect with our Learning the Harp community around the world!

Home Forums Learning the Harp in Your Golden Years Hello silver harpists! Reply To: Hello silver harpists!

• Monique Klabis

3 March, 2021 at 12:39 am

Hi, everyone! Happy to see you all here. I’m 60. I started harp when I was about 43. I fell in love with harps in California in elementary school when an orchestra visited. A Scottish and Irish background also contributed. I bought my Prelude 38 (Maeve) about 16 years ago and took lessons as I could. When my son died 13 years ago, I stopped. Silly really, as she would have been a comfort, but joy departed and I made excuses. I retired from the federal government after 33 years and from the military after 20 years. I could never get rid of Maeve, for sentimental reasons or somehow I knew I would need her again, so I have dragged her from both the desert and mountains of Arizona, to the Pacific Northwest. Enter Christ-Lyn. She has made such a difference and is why Maeve is no longer neglected and collecting dust. I could go on and on about what Christy-Lyn means to me, but I don’t think that’s even necessary here. I have added an older used Allegro (Wee Brigid) to the family. We are very happy and grateful to be back on the path with all of you.