Discussion Forum

Ask questions, share resources and connect with our Learning the Harp community around the world!

Home Forums Learning the Harp in Your Golden Years Hello silver harpists! Reply To: Hello silver harpists!

• Jan Kingston

2 March, 2021 at 9:33 pm

Hi all! I’m Jan and haven’t put my picture on my profile yet. Just wandering around the site at the moment. But I wanted to say hi. I’m 59. (lol, I typo’d and put 29 by accident at first; definitely not 29). I began to play in 2001. I took some lessons and played when I could until about 2011, when I and my husband moved (from Seattle to Utah) into my mother-in-law’s home and helped care for her for a couple of years. Then I went back to school for a few more years. Didn’t really have space in my MIL’s house, and then life was super full with school, so I stopped playing. During Covid, I have gone back at it. Feel like I’m improving. Yes, things take longer, but that’s okay. My harp is a Dusty Strings Bubinga 36 with gut strings. I’m really loving playing, and I look forward to knowing you all more as time goes on. Oh, and I’m in the US in Utah.