Member2 March, 2021 at 11:42 am
1. What made you decide to start playing the harp?
Lockdown really. I play the French horn, in some local community orchestras and bands, but it’s not so much fun playing it on my own, it’s meant to be part of a whole. And since I’ve always loved the sound of the harp, and it seemed a nicer thing to play solo, I took the plunge and found a secondhand harp nearby.
2. What is your favorite style or genre of harp music?
Classical, and folk music
3. What are your harp-related goals for 2021?
To improve my technique, to be able to play both hands together more easily, to be able to play more complex music
4. What do you enjoy most about playing the harp?
I love the sound most of all, but also the look of the instrument, and the actual physical process of playing – and I’m enjoying finding that there’s a harp community too.
5. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
I’ve just taken early retirement, so in theory I should have plenty of time to practise. But I have also just adopted two Dale pony colts (8mths and 10mths), in case I had too much spare time or money 😉
- This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Jay Derry-Greene.