Home (2022) version 2 Forums Getting Started with the Harp Harp Q&A: Getting to know you Reply To: Harp Q&A: Getting to know you

• Candace C.

2 March, 2021 at 3:55 am

1. What made you decide to start playing the harp?

I realized in middle school that all of my classmates had been playing instruments since they were little. I felt like I needed to pick an easy instrument so I could catch up to them. As we all know, the harp is not as easy as it looks! I fell in love with it and I’ve been playing for many years now. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way or I haven’t devoted time to practice like I should. I’m still an advanced beginner, I’d say.

2. What is your favorite style or genre of harp music?

Classical music, but I’m struggling to find easier pieces to learn on that still have some depth of character like the traditional pieces.

3. What are your harp-related goals for 2021?

I’d like to build up my repertoire. I currently know 3 songs at the beginner to intermediate level.

4. What do you enjoy most about playing the harp?

I love how soothing it is. Whether I’m playing or I’m listening to someone else, I just love how beautiful it sounds. Never fails to put a smile on my face.

5. Is there anything else you’d like to add?

Reading music has always been my greatest weakness. I’ve let it hold me back from so much harping! My hope is through these courses, I’ll be able to develop better technique while tackling note reading in my spare time. Happy to be here and meet some new harpy friends!